I am pretty sure that many of you know the fact or maybe you must have been hearing from people to always have a writing habit even when you are not a writer. Isn’t it? But how many of us can actually manifest this dream to pen down our thoughts on a daily basis? I guess, very less?
Well, I was also one of those people who had this fear of writing because of many reasons, still somehow I started writing my diary in the year 2014 and I continued writing my little diary(Which was a complete shit I used to write) until I come up with my blog on WordPress in the year 2015. I had made a blog but still I was not sure of what to write, after all, I don’t belong to those families whose ancestors like to read. I am the first generation in my entire family who had cultivated a habit of writing.
Anyway, I started off with my personal ideas and stories in April 2015 but there were no readers of my work at that time, still the motivating factor that I had in me was, I used to love my work a lot, so I was the only person who used to write and who used to read them up. Later on, people started recognizing my work and one day Sumit’s writing became famous with it pen name SumitOfficial. 😊
What is Everyday writing then? How did I start that? How am I managing things simultaneously with my job?
Related Read: My Journey With ‘SumitOfficial’
Since a year I’ve moved to Mumbai for my job in the month of September 2017, I was completely distracted from writing, because I used to be a person who had this habit of posting a new blog every day, that means, I used to write day in day out. But coming to a new city with a responsible job where I had to prove myself, I had to leave my dream of writing and posting blogs. It all went for almost 3-4 months that I had completely stopped writing but a day came on January 1, 2018, when my uncle gifted me a thick beautiful diary that night which made me kiss it first and I picked up my pen and could not resist writing of it. It was my first day of New Year with a new beginning. #Day1
And it continued so beautifully that I started to write every night before I go to sleep no matter what time it is, I’d write first and then only I can sleep peacefully.
Related Read: 100 Days of A Secret Journal
Today, thankfully I completed #Day200 of my disciplinary writing habit which I am really proud on my own self. I feel like giving a treat to myself. :p
Now for me, writing has become a habit where I cover many topics in a day which I would like to share here with you:
- Start writing about things which you know but before that you need to know what you know. :p
- Write about everyday failures, successes, and fears that you want to (Or already) overcome. Reading it will help you to grow when you feel low.
- Interrogate everything. One of the best ways is to ask questions about everything in your mind and start searching for the answers. Believe me you’ll never feel like you don’t have anything to write about.
- It is ok to write shit at times. People have this bad conception of only writing GOOD stuff. But what exactly is good stuff? Nobody knows. So it’s better to write what comes in your mind and you may always improvise it if you want changes in them later.
- Not getting inspired every day is completely fine. On those days you have to cheat and write about the good moments of your life. I’m sure everyone has them to cherish. This habit will also help you to be a good story writer.
- Read a lot. Yes, this tip comes in writing. If you don’t read you will have to struggle a lot. Hence, it’s always suggested to be a great reader. As they say, “A good writer should always be a great reader first.”
- Write grateful notes. I always do that. I am an expressive personality, but at times, I have so much to tell the other person which I can’t express in words so all I do is to write them a letter.
- Keep the consistency on priority. If you don’t respect your writing, then who will?
- Try writing on emotions: anger, memory, blessings, something you are grateful for, your dreams or anything which makes you happy when you read them in future.
- And last but not the least, writing every day can make your diary a published book someday. Miracles happen every day.
Keep writing and keep growing. I am celebrating my #Day200 with you all here. Tell me what and how do you write and what makes you motivated towards writing?
Copyright© 2015-2018 by SumitOfficial
All Rights Reserved.