“Luck, Like Hope, Is Hollow-boned.” | Prompt #10

Hollow-boned. How gorgeous this word sounds like, one of the reasons to choose this prompt was just this word.

Just imagine, there’s a space for you in your bones that can be filled with air, anger, love, prosperity, positive mindset, or it can be emptied forever.

Our life, the luck that we call in any situation is also like a hollow-boned. Isn’t it? We all must have faced a lot of situations in life we were not sure of doing, but chances are we become pro at it after a certain point. Because the hollowness is filled with a belief that changed your entire perspective.

My life has a lot of roller-coaster where things fell on my place, and I was just loving everything whatever was happening around me.

I had never thought I’d be the one who’d search for the MBA colleges by my own, with all my understanding, I had gone to pay the fees by myself, I was absolutely sure about all the decisions I’ve been taking by my own. Because somewhere, I had given that space from my parents, and I could fill up my luck with my actions.

Not only I’ve selected my college for MBA but also, you’ll be astonished to read this but this is a TRUTH, that I’ve completed it with Rs 60,000 only.

Today, I feel myself the same way sitting with people in my office, who’ve spent 10-15 lakhs in their education. I feel myself lucky enough.

I was never involved into media and advertising. But, I again somehow, got the chance to work for a National TV program as a special guest, articles on newspapers, blog posts in magazines, working with radio shows and multiple RJs. In today, at my workplace, there’s hardly any contests which are thrown by company and managers (To boast the sales) I always make sure to win them.

The entire exposure was nothing but the collection of hunger that I had within me that fulfilled my hollow-bones.

Today’s prompt number 10, Luck, like hope, is hollow-boned, has given me a chance to write on luck. So here we go:


Just a good luck? This is what everyone may think,
But it’s more than that, when my eyes blink
It took me awhile to sail across the sea,
Before getting anything, I’ve introspected everything from me.

A thousand things can happen
When I’m at the receiving end,
I’ve never demanded for more to get
For me, I’ve always got what’s meant.

It’s not always hard to ask from Almighty
People lose hope, turn away and go,
There’s plenty of galaxies that your
Heart needs to see and know.

Once you are devoted, and praise
The one who always shines,
You don’t have to ask for anything,
Just touch it, feel it, and tell yourself
“It’s mine.”

Copyright © 2015-2021 by SumitOfficial

All Rights Reserved.

Published by: SumitOfficial

Sumit Yadav(25), popularly known as SumitOfficial, is a blogger from Mumbai who has been writing since 5 years, and has posted 600+ Blog Posts till now. He is an MBA and works in an Educational Industry in Mumbai as a Senior Career Consultant. His spare-time activities include creative things like -- Acting, Photographing, mimicking, singing. He has worked with Radios, appeared on National TV, interviewed authors, appeared on newspapers for multiple activities, and has written reviews for magazines. Also, he's been consistently writing offline in his journals for more than 875+ days now. He believes in Continuous Progression, and Exponential Growth. 

Categories NaPoWriMo-2021, SumitOfficialTags, , , , , , , , , 20 Comments

20 thoughts on ““Luck, Like Hope, Is Hollow-boned.” | Prompt #10”

      1. As humans we are so caught in our wants and desires and often keep complaining about things that we didn’t get instead of cherishing what we get as that would be the best for us as that’s choosen by Almighty himself

        Liked by 1 person

  1. Inspiring post. Life is always full of ups and downs. Its on us that how many times we pull ourselves up, dust away the failures and start moving ahead again. Glad you have been able to do that. More than luck its the effort that counts.
    Keep shining Sumit

    Like

  2. I liked how you incorporated the positivity in this post. One definitely relies on luck and keep cursing it till they don’t get what they want. Here you are working hard and achieving all that you think you deserve.
    And I’m glad you find success in it.

    I liked the concluding lines of the poem.✨

    Liked by 1 person

    1. Positivity. This one itself is full of luck. We, as humans, forget that it’s our own mind which blocks our way when we be negative about something.

      One of the learnings I’ve got from being in a leadership role is, even if there’s 99% chances of failure, a leader is the one who converts that 1% into positivity and produce the results.

      It’s not an easy job to always see the good side of everything, even when you know the bad side that exists too. But that’s how we train our mind.

      Life is short, and there’s a lot of live in this short span.

      Thank you for loving the crux, Rashmi.

      Liked by 1 person

    1. Hi Anamika! Thank you so much for kind words. I don’t know if I’m doing wonders or not, but one thing I’m pretty much sure is I love to interact with great minds here, and you one of them.

      Keep coming with your great words.

      Like

  3. The ending stole my heart. 😻 This poem is soooo beautiful, so full of positivity. And you’re right, Sir. We can make our luck shine if we are determined and devoted enough into things we love. 😺 Your words filled me up with happy vibes. Thank you so much. 💙

    Like

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s